Lindsay Watrous at Gilbert Preschool
Lindsay Watrous is one of our classroom aides. While Lindsay recently joined our staff for the 2017-18 school year, she has been part of the FUMCG Preschool family as a parent since 2011. Her three children have grown up here in the Parent-Tot, 3’s and Pre-K classrooms.
Lindsay earned a Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy and Studio Art from Sweet Briar College in Virginia. Her past professional experience is in public relations and events planning, and she has eight years of volunteer experience teaching preschool-aged children in a church setting.
Her favorite thing about working at the preschool is how much love and respect is shared between the children and the teachers.
We asked Lindsay about some of her “favorites” and here is what we found:
- Authors: Mo Willems and Julia Donaldson
- Preschool Day Activity: Centers
- Preschool Song: “We Are a Family”
- Chapel Lesson: Noah’s Ark
- Children’s book: “The Gruffalo” by Julia Donaldson
- Bible Verse: “Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” Matt. 25:40