3 Year Old Class
Tuesday & Thursday and additional/optional Wednesday 9:00 am – Noon
3 – 4 year olds
Our 3 year old class is designed for children who turn 3 by August 31st. Using developmentally appropriate Christian curriculum and hands-on activities, the children practice appropriate language and social behaviors while learning the preschool routine and basic academic skills.
We follow Arizona’s Early Childhood Education Standards along with our customized Christian curriculum which includes:
- Prereading activities
- Phonemic awareness games and activities
- Hands-on math
- Science activities
- Practice social skills
- Read and act out bible stories and learn to apply the lessons to our daily lives.
The class sizes are maintained under the required recommended state student-teacher ratio. Each classroom is directed by a highly qualified teacher along with the assistance of a teacher aide. This lower ratio is critical in being able to meet individual children’s needs, both academically and socially.
Each child is assessed individually several times throughout the year in order to best meet their needs. We will address any special needs on a case by case basis.
Classes and Tuition
Tuesday/Thursday and additional/optional Wednesday -Caring Caterpillar
Tuition is $310/Month ($350 for 3 day option)
Registration Fee – $150
Spiritual Life For Families
Our church community offers many ways for all members of the family to grow spiritually. Preschool families are always welcome to participate with any of the church groups. Some opportunities are:
- Women’s Bible Study on Tuesday mornings, during Preschool hours (nursery care is available with prior notice)
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study groups, Music Groups, Dinner, Children and Youth programs.
- Sunday Morning Service times: 8:00 am & 9:30 am
- Sunday School Classes for all ages from 9:30 am – 10:30 am.
- Visit the Church website for more information: www.gilbertumc.org
The Preschoolers are educated about God in many ways throughout the school year.
Chapel Time is held each week. The classes worship and learn about Christ in the Sanctuary or in the beautiful Prayer Garden. The students sing joyful, age appropriate worship songs, and learn Bible verses and Bible stories as they practice interacting with each other in loving, meaningful ways. This Chapel time serves as a springboard for their activities during the rest of the week, which include prayer at snack time and Bible story extension activities.
Each month the preschoolers and their families may choose to participate in a Mission activity as a way to help others as we “spread God’s love.” Often these mission activities coordinate with the church-wide missions committee. The activity is announced in our monthly newsletter and in the Preschool Office.
Some of our past mission activities include:
- Making beaded hearts to give to the pastors to share as they visit people.
- Collecting toys, hygiene items, and books to pack in shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. The gifts are given to children in 3rd world countries.
- Canned food drive for the Gilbert Food Bank.
- Making Valentine Cards for our Military Service People.
These mission activities teach the Preschoolers ways to help other people. We are always open to new ideas and love to have families participate and help out!